Care & Maintenance
How To Care For Outdoor Furniture
Overall Care – We recommend that you use our water resistant outdoor covers when the furniture is not in use. Regular use of outdoor covers will help keep your cushions clean and dry for your next use.
Winter Storage – As soon as the weather gets to a point where you are no longer using your outdoor furniture you should bring your cushions inside and store in a dry location for the winter. Storing your cushions outside for the winter or in a damp area can result in mold or mildew. Once your cushions are safely stored for the winter you can leave your furniture covered outside. However, if you have the space to store the furniture in a basement, shed, garage, or other covered area for the winter that is preferable. This is how to care for outdoor furniture so it lasts.
All-Weather Wicker Furniture
- Wipe down the furniture with a damp or dry towel
- Or for a more thorough cleaning, remove cushions and hose down to remove pollen or anything that gets caught between the all-weather wicker
- Allow the furniture to dry before putting the cushions back on and covering with outdoor covers
- As soon as you receive your teak patio furniture you will want to decide if you want your furniture to weather (turn gray over time) or if you want to seal it to keep the original color of the wood. If you want the color of the teak to stay the same as the day you receive it you should consult your local hardware store on what stain you should use to seal and protect the wood. A basic teak sealant should do the trick. However, most people just let the teak change color over the first couple of months or year of use.
- To clean the teak, remove the cushions and wash with soap and water. You can use a brush with soft bristles to scrub the wood.
- Allow the furniture to dry before putting the cushions back on and covering with outdoor covers.
- Spot clean as needed using warm water and a liquid detergent or dish soap.
- For tougher stains or an annual cleaning you can carefully remove the slip covers. You’ll want to be careful during this process, it can be a time consuming process and you should be extra delicate with the seams and zippers when removing and putting them back on. Madbury Road is not responsible for any broken zippers or torn seams that occur during this process. To safely remove the slip covers, you need to reduce as much strain as possible on the seems and zippers. The best way to achieve this is by folding the cushion between your knees and removing the slip cover while the cushion is folded.
- Place the slip covers in your washing machine on a cold delicate cycle
- Hang dry or tumble dry on low.
If you have any questions about care, cleaning or storage please do not hesitate to give us a call at 866-331-6042 or email us at email@example.com