Creating your dream backyard will give you a new place to relax, entertain, and connect with the outdoors. This guide will go over everything you need for a comfortable and practical outdoor space that feels like an extension of your home.
- Comfortable Seating - This is where you and your guests will spend most of their time. Invest in high quality modular outdoor furniture that is both comfortable and stylish. Between outdoor sectionals, outdoor daybeds and outdoor club chairs, there are plenty of options for any-sized space.
- Dining Area - There’s nothing like eating outside on a warm, summer day. This could mean a small end table for your morning coffee or an entire outdoor dining set for hosting dinner parties. Check out some backyard hardscape ideas here.
- Outdoor Kitchen/Grill - Limit those trips inside by setting up an outdoor cooking area. While we all dream of a full outdoor backyard kitchen, something as simple as a small table next to a grill will do the trick as well.
- Fireplace - Keep your backyard in-use all year long with a fireplace. Whether it’s wood or propane-based, a fire will keep your guests both warm and entertained.
- Shade - Introduce an umbrella or canopy to create a section of shade in your outdoor space. This will serve as a great place to read a book, use your laptop, or simply escape the heat.
- Bar/Serving Cart - Have your favorite drinks ready to go by keeping some glasses and ice outside. This will also allow your guests to serve themselves as they please.
- Music - Bring your favorite music outside with outdoor speakers. Or get creative with other forms of sound, such as wind chimes or running water from a fountain.
- Plants - Keep the outdoors feeling like the outdoors by having plants around. You can hang them, use planters or create a garden bed. Some people even build pergolas or vertical gardens to give their plants more room to grow.
- Lighting - Make sure the party can continue after the sun goes down. Hanging string lights or placing a few tiki torches will create the perfect atmosphere for those late-night gatherings.
- Decor - Remember to decorate your backyard like any other room in your house. Think rugs, throw pillows, lanterns, sculptures and other outdoor accessories.
Honorable Mention - Outdoor Covers! If you want to know how to protect your outdoor furniture in the winter and storing your furniture inside isn't an option then having a good set of outdoor covers is your best option.
And that’s it! - Now it’s time to get to work and bring that backyard oasis to life. If you follow these 10 tips we’re confident you’ll end up with a special place to create memories with family and friends.
If you have any questions or want to chat about your specific patio furniture needs just let us know and we’d be happy to help!